"SLASH is far and away the best book documenting the journey the movie took from start to finish."
- Douglas Curtis
(Producer, Freddy vs Jason)
From the author of Phantasm Exhumed comes Slash of the Titans, a revealing look at why it took New Line Cinema nearly ten years and four-million-dollars to find the right screenplay for Freddy vs Jason. Featuring new interviews with the original writers and filmmakers, Slash details the project’s troubled history from the surprise ending of Jason Goes to Hell all the way to the crossover’s red carpet premiere. Read about the many rejected storylines and learn how the film was eventually able to escape from development hell. This is the story of one film, two horror icons and seventeen screenwriters!
SLASH OF THE TITANS includes:
- Comprehensive looks at ten different versions of the screenplay
- Info on early crossover attempts by Friday the 13th filmmakers
- Exclusive details on the never made Freddy vs Jason: Hell Unbound video game
- Insights from producers, executives and developers including Sean Cunningham
- An examination of why the Shannon/Swift script was finally greenlit
- Summaries of the four endings considered for the 2003 film
- Coverage of the never made Freddy vs Jason vs Ash sequel
- New comments from the titans themselves - Robert Englund and Ken Kirzinger
- Appendices full of story details including the outcomes of all ten versions