SLASH OF THE TITANS: THE ROAD TO FREDDY VS JASON
BY DUSTIN MCNEILL
PLACE YOUR BETS, WINNER KILLS ALL! From the author of Phantasm Exhumed comes Slash of the Titans, a revealing look at why it took New Line Cinema nearly ten years and four-million-dollars to find the right screenplay for Freddy vs Jason. Featuring new interviews with the original writers and filmmakers, Slash details the production's troubled history from the surprise ending of Jason Goes to Hell all the way to the crossover’s red carpet premiere. Read about the many rejected storylines and learn how the project was eventually able to escape from development hell. This is the story of one film, two horror icons and seventeen screenwriters!
SLASH OF THE TITANS includes:
- Comprehensive looks at ten different versions of the screenplay
- Info on early crossover attempts by Friday the 13th filmmakers
- Exclusive info on the never made FvsJ: Hell Unbound video game
- Insights from producers and executives including Sean Cunningham
- An examination of why the Shannon/Swift script was greenlit
- Summaries of the four endings considered for the 2003 film
- Coverage of the never made Freddy vs Jason vs Ash sequel
- New comments from the titans - Robert Englund and Ken Kirzinger
- Appendices of story details including outcomes of all ten versions
"SLASH OF THE TITANS is far and away the best book documenting the journey the movie took from start to finish."
- FvsJ Producer Douglas Curtis