Authors Dustin McNeill and Travis Mullins are back to bring you an inside look at TWENTY-FOUR lost Halloween sequels you never saw on the big screen! Learn about these fascinating unmade visions direct from their creators, many of whom have never spoken publicly on the subject before. At 600 pages, TAKING SHAPE II is brimming with untold franchise history. The journey begins with an insightful foreword by Halloween: 25 Years of Terror producer Anthony Masi. So, what are you waiting for? Grab the candy corn and settle in for THE LOST HALLOWEEN SEQUELS!
TAKING SHAPE II covers:
- An alternate H3 pitched decades after the first one!
- Three unused versions of H4 – one with Laurie Strode!
- Exclusive details on an early H5 – with evil Jamie Lloyd!
- The Halloween 6 nearly produced by Quentin Tarantino!
- An early version of Halloween 7 before it became H20!
- Three different sequels to Halloween: Resurrection!
- Insight into how a Hellraiser Crossover almost came to be!
- Two different stabs at a 3D sequel in the Rob Zombie era!
- A reboot with TWO Shapes! (And another with one hundred!)
- A reboot that introduced the Halloween Multi-verse!
Silver Shamrock. Thorn. White Horses. It’s all in here. Join authors Dustin McNeill and Travis Mullins for a deep dive into the evolution of Halloween’s vast mythology. Extensively researched, TAKING SHAPE is the ultimate guide to the first forty years of Haddonfield history. Featuring exclusive interviews with filmmakers from every installment, prepare to gain new insight into Halloween’s iconic boogeyman. Oh, you don’t believe in the boogeyman? You should.
TAKING SHAPE includes:
- Comprehensive story analysis on the entire series!
- A rundown of all deleted and alternate scenes!
- A look at what scholars got right (and wrong) about H1!
- Exclusive details on Nigel Kneale's original H3 script!
- Comparisons of early scripts to the final theatrical films!
- A rare interview with H5 screenwriter Michael Jacobs!
- An exhaustive account of H6's troubled production!
- An examination of H20’s roots as a direct-to-video sequel!
- A revealing look behind the grunge of the Rob Zombie era!
- Insight into how test audiences and execs shaped the films!
- In-depth dissection of the official novelizations!
Click any digital flyer below to see it larger!
© Harker Press 2019
This book is not endorsed by or affiliated with Trancas International Films, Anchor Bay Entertainment, Shout Factory, Universal Studios, or Miramax Films. It is an independent work of film journalism intended for entertainment and information purposes only.